Friday, May 13, 2011

Simoncelli wants more than nice ?barrel roll? shot

After falling from a leading position in the last two races, Marco Simoncelli is determined to leave this weekend’s French MotoGP with more than just spectacular crash pictures.

At the previous Estoril round, the San Carlo Honda Gresini rider produced his best practice form in the premier-class – leading two sessions and qualifying a career best second.

But the Italian also crashed on all three days of the Portuguese event, his most costly mistake coming on the opening lap of the race (pictured).

Simoncelli returned to the track for Monday’s test, where he was fastest of all, underlining the missed opportunity.

?The Estoril test on the day after the race was a good way for me to put the race behind me and go to Le Mans with a different attitude. Now I am just looking forward to putting it behind me properly,? said Marco.

?The test was a useful and important one ahead of the fourth race of the season. I am more sure than ever that I can run with the front guys and I will be giving everything to come out with a top result.

?I will certainly be trying to make sure I don’t make the same mistake on a cold tyre, because the only good thing that came out of it in Portugal was a nice picture of my aerial barrel roll!

?Joking aside, I am keen to do well at Le Mans, a circuit I don’t particularly like even though I won there in 250 in 2009 and finished second in 2008.?

Former 250cc world champion Simoncelli is still searching for his first MotoGP podium, and badly needs to get a second race finish of the year under his belt.

Simoncelli Simoncelli-1 Simoncelli-2 Simoncelli-3 Simoncelli-4 Simoncelli-5 Simoncelli-6 Simoncelli-7

?We are determined to make sure Marco finishes the race and at Le Mans he can and must do that because if he rides as he knows how then he will be able to push to his limit, especially in the demanding final corner,? said team manager Fausto Gresini. ?It is a circuit for champions and Simoncelli has shown the potential to be one.?

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/Yv5hXOsdl12/Simoncelli+wants+more+nice+barrel+roll+shot

Oscar Clemengich Ivan Clementi Jules Cluzel

No comments:

Post a Comment